Sunday, July 26, 2015

Pure Smile Point Pads (Japanese Skincare Review)

Another first impression/quick review!

Edit:
***
After looking back at this product, it didn't do much. It dried up easily, and just made your skin (that it was applied on) shiny and have a layer of product on top. The product didn't really absorb, and once you washed it off, the skin returned to how it was before the point pads. It's likely that I was just imagining my smile lines disappearing. 

***

Pure Smile's Point Pads (orange flavor)



There should be 10 sheets (orange 'slices'), and I got them for $1.50!



If you saw my iMomoko face mask haul, I hoped for these to smell like oranges. They sure do! Except not real oranges; they smell artificial.

I am using these right now as I type this, and what I noticed is that these sheets are very sturdy. I want to put them on my smile lines around my mouth, so I want to cut/rip them in half to fit exactly where I want them. But the material is so strong that you can't even rip them! I did use scissors, and they work just fine.

There isn't any/barely any essence in the packet, and each sheet is a little bit slimy. You can rub the excess serum that got onto your hands to your face, but there really isn't that much. So the mask is dry enough to stick on your face without it sliding or moving around.

It's difficult to not move my mouth, but the sheet is staying on pretty well. It may puff off your skin if you move too much, but you can always just push it back flat. The sheet is also thick enough that it doesn't seem to have any creases.

So far, there is a bit of a tingling sensation a few minutes in. After a few more, I do not feel anything. 

The sheets are completely dry now, but they aren't falling off just yet. I took them off and rubbed whatever is left on the rest of my face. The area with the patch feels quite plump and has this oily feeling. It's not like liquid oil, but leaves that thick, oily feeling behind. The patches also feel that way too. The skin also looks a little bit whiter than the rest of my face; you can sort of see the shape of the orange patch. (It did go away after a few minutes though)

Since there might be a little bit of whatever goodness in these sheets, I decided to stick them on my forehead and put some water on them to help them stick. They are indeed a strong material; even when they're dry, I can't even rip them or even stretch them to the point of ripping.

For my smile lines, I feel like over time, they will go away! I remember before putting these on that the lines were a bit deep; now, they look less prominent! 

Overall:

Price: $1.50 for 10 patches
Appearance: cute!
Smell: artificial oranges; it may not even be oranges, but smells good!
Repurchase?: yes!

I would give these orange point pads a score of 5/5! These are super cute; they smell nice (or they're not overwhelming). They may not have a lot of serum, but they do give a boost to whatever specific parts of your face that you need and may help with wrinkles over time. They are also a good price!


These patches are super cute! I don't think anyone would sponsor to give these away because people would just buy them anyway! Like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment