Thursday, July 23, 2015

iMomoko Sheet Mask Haul + Mini Reviews

I am back with a huge face/sheet mask haul! Though honestly, most of them are from the same brand.

***
Edit: I've added some mini-reviews that contain a quick, overall impression of these products. Not all products may have reviews. 

Also, please follow the instructions when using face masks. When it says 30 minutes, set a timer and use it for 30 minutes. Please do not leave these masks on overnight. I've done it, and I always would have to end up peeling the face mask from my skin (making it super sensitive for a few days). 

***

So a little spiel before I start.

I checked and already knew that my package would arrive today (or yesterday, Wednesday), so I was suuuper looking forward to coming home and getting it. I didn't know if it was registered or not, but since I knew it wouldn't fit in my mail box, surely the mailman would leave those little slips telling you to go pick it up.

I checked my mail box: nothing.

I was super sad. I had high hopes in iMomoko, as the shipping takes only 2 days (not including weekends, and yes, I had to wait the extra 2 days cause I ordered it on Friday). So I was certain that it had arrived. I decided I should check my front door, cause why not. They sometimes leave stuff at my door.

I am sure glad I did. I dragged this huge box into my house and here it is.

My face/sheet mask iMomoko haul.


Tada! Look at this neatly packed package
The first thing I pulled out is...

WellFon Pearl Facial Rejuvenating Whitening Mask (Taiwanese brand)

Review:
***






I got it for $6.25 and there should be 10 sheets inside

I read a review (though not for this particular kind), and they are comparable to the My Beauty Diary masks, another Taiwanese brand! So I have high hopes! And the price is very cheap ($0.65 per mask!)

These masks are supposed to improve your skin's quality by moisturizing and whitening it. 


Next, I took out the LuLuLun Limited Edition Gold Pack (Japanese brand)

It should contain 4 packs of face masks, each containing 7 masks

Moisture Type Mask (light pink) - reduces the production of melanin and calms the skin while giving it a supple appearance

Brightening Facial Mask (silver) - brightens and evens out skin tone

High Moisture Facial Mask (blue) - contains hyaluronic acid that is to hydrate your skin

Rose Facial Mask (bright pink) - gives your skin nutrients derived from botanical sources


The price was $18, which means each pack is only $4.50 Each mask is about $0.64 per mask!

I was really conflicted on which ones to get, for I have not tried this brand before either. Each pack is sold individually on iMomoko, and they are a good price! About $5 or $6 per pack, each containing 7 masks. So instead of weighing out the pros and cons of each (the descriptions on iMomoko don't really help), I decided to get all of them! And if there are 4 packs in here, then I actually got them cheaper!


Pure Smile Pearl Essence Pack (Japanese brand)

I loooove Pure Smile's Choosy Lip mask, so I decided to try out their face masks.

It is $8 with 8 sheets inside. It's not a bad price either.


It helps boost your skin's metabolism and brighten the skin tone. It can also prevent melanin from forming and moisturize your skin.

Pure Smile also had other kinds (Milk, Royal Honey), but I just decided to get this one. 


Japan Gals Natural Rose Mask (Japanese brand)

It is $5.49 for 7 sheets ($0.78 per mask)


iMomoko doesn't say what this mask does, but I assume since it is "rose" that it should calm down your skin from irritation and stuff like that.

I have actually tried this right before I started writing this post! Check out my review!


The beloved Soothing and Moisture Aloe Vera from Nature Republic (Korean brand)



They still had the buy 2 for $12 deal, so I thought I should stock up on some of this.

I just found a few minutes ago that they have a deal of $5 for each (which probably started like 2 days after I bought all of my stuff). I guess I was too impatient to get my masks.

Now here's something really interesting!

Pure Smile Orange Point Pads (Japanese brand)

They are $1.50 each pack, and they contain about 10 sheets. 

They are concentrated masks used to help out specific parts of your skin. With the way they are shaped, it seems they are more suitable for smile lines or maybe some wrinkles on the forehead.

They have 4 other different flavors: strawberry, cucumber, lemon, and kiwi. I really like orange, so I got orange. I hope it smells like it too.


Pure Smile Foot Essence Mask (Japanese brand)

These are $3 per pack, containing 2 masks for your feet (so $1.50 for each foot mask)


It is rich with liquid that will moisturize and whiten the skin, while protecting your toes! 

Whew! That was quite a lot! If you add all of the face masks together, it totals 53! If you only use 1 a week, it will last you an entire year!

But those were all of the brands that I don't know about and want to test out. Here are the ones that I am looking forward to the most. 

I will just post the brand name here since they're all from the same brand: 

My Beauty Diary (Taiwanese brand)

I got almost all of them on sale, so the prices may differ for you.


Oligopeptide Treatment Mask

This contains 8 masks for $10 (this is the only one not on sale)

It is supposed to moisturize and firm your skin while repairing it and making it super soft. 

This is the only one I got that is not within the "main line" or the Natural Key Line of this brand.

You'll see what I mean (compare the packaging).


Bird's Nest Mask (10 sheets for $12.80)

It deeply moisturizes and nourishes your skin that heals and removes dry expression lines. It also brightens and illuminates your face while making it super soft



Natto Mask (10 sheets for $12.80)

It is moisturizing and tightens your skin while (anti-aging)



Lemon Vit-C Mask (10 sheets for $12.80)

I just took another picture to show that the box is a paler yellow than what it shows in the pictures



It makes your face glow by brightening yellow, dull skin



Arbutin Whitening Mask (10 sheets for $12.80)



The mask refreshes your skin while making it whiter



Pearl Powder Mask (10 sheets for $12.80)

It whitens and tones your skin

There really isn't that much information I can find online, so I just used the "words" on the front of the package as a guide.

As a quick reminder, "whiten" does not mean "bleach." Though I may be wrong, it evens out your skin tone. Brightening, on the other hand, makes your skin glow.

Either way, they work just about the same for me. My skin glows and is a bit lighter.

iMomoko had a little event where if you purchase more than $80, you can get a $10 gift. Here it is!

They're cookies! Japanese cookies

I really like how the box was nicely packaged in wrapping paper.



Chocolate to crunch and the language of the cat (correct me if I'm wrong!)


They're individually packaged


Has some sort of mini brochure for the other cookies they have. I cannot read Japanese, so it's not that helpful for me

There are a total of 18 cookies



Please excuse the chocolatey mess. This package was sent during 90 degree weather.


The cookies are crunchy like a butter cookie, but soft in the middle due to the chocolate.


But because the chocolate basically melted and slightly firm up along its way here, it made the chocolate "untempered" which I think may have also changed the taste of the chocolate.

In my opinion, it's not that appealing. It created little crunchy bits of, I guess chocolate, that is really strange and unusual. I think the cookie is supposed to be smooth with the crunchy outside and creamy inside.

I ate two, and I still do not really have much of an opinion for them. If these really were imported from Japan, and then sent to my house after being stuck in some sort of warehouse, then they definitely experienced some changes in structure and taste.

But they're essentially free, so why not.


No, I'm not sponsored. This purchase was well spent from out of my own pocket. Gotta love face masks and cookies.

1 comment:


  1. If you are looking for quality, ethics and quick delivery then Vraja Dental Care is right place for you. At Vraja Dental Care we deliver high quality dental care and focus on patient comfort so that we are viewed as one of the best dental care hospital in chennai

    ReplyDelete