Friday, July 24, 2015

Japan Gals Natural Rose Mask (Japanese Skincare Review)

A first impression/review of this mask!

Because I had no previous knowledge of this brand or particular mask "flavor," I bought it and decided to test it out. There were quite a few things I was able to note!



This mask is huge, but that just makes it suitable for all face sizes and shapes.

When I put it on, my entire face immediately started to have this tingling, burning sensation. The first few seconds was okay, but it just felt like it was getting worse and worse. I really wanted to take the mask off around the 7-8 minute mark, but decided to keep it up for the full 15 minutes. Near the end, maybe past the 11-12 minute mark, parts of my face started to get this cooling sensation. The burning and cooling sensation kind of combined together. The new feeling was pleasant, but I still didn't like the burning part. It stayed the entire time.

I also tried this mask on for maybe around 20-30 minutes. The mask was dry around my upper lip and nose area. The burning sensation either went away around the 20 or 25 minute mark, or I just got used to it. I'm not sure which.

When I took the mask off, I didn't see any changes in my skin tone (the "whiteness"). My skin did feel a little bit smooth, and my acne spots were still red. However, I didn't get any redness or any rashes from the mask, nor was my skin irritated. 

I did notice that my skin barely produced any oil, but my skin was extremely dry. People around me kept commenting about my skin--how dry and "lifeless" it looked.

The only face masks I have used before in sheet form are the My Beauty Diary series, so I am used to single packet, 20 ml of serum, face masks. This one had 7 sheets in 1 package, and I don't even think there are any liquid inside. The masks are all folded up nicely, and they're easy to unfold. The mask is a thick cotton that is already soaked. When I am finished with the mask, I usually like to rub the excess liquid around my face; this cotton feels a bit rough for that, like drug-store make up remover wipes. 

Overall:

Price: $5.49 for 7 sheet masks
Appearance: the packaging is nice and pink! the masks are just white
Smell: it doesn't really smell like roses, but it still smells good
Repurchase?: no

I would give these face masks a score of 1/5. It smells nice enough; it is a good price. I do not mind the large size, but the burning sensation really bothers me. I also do not see any visible results, nor do I feel anything good happening to my skin. I did try these out for 2 days, but I think I'll just stop using them altogether now. 

I forgot to mention that my skin just became really itchy after using the mask. I may be allergic or something; there isn't any redness, just itchiness. It did dry my skin and make it really dull though.


No, I wasn't sponsored. I bought this, and I wish I kind of didn't. The mask just isn't for me. 

1 comment:


  1. If you are looking for quality, ethics and quick delivery then Vraja Dental Care is right place for you. At Vraja Dental Care we deliver high quality dental care and focus on patient comfort so that we are viewed as one of the best dental care hospital in chennai

    ReplyDelete