Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Innisfree Green Tea Seed Oil and Seed Serum Review

Update from 2019: I love both of the products. I tested various other serums and popular products (that were also quite cheap on beautynetkorea!), but nothing worked for me unfortunately. Hopefully my skin will never change and render the serum and oil useless, but after using 2-3 bottles of the serum and many samples of the oil, I proclaim it as my holy grail of all time!

(end of update)

I wrote a review on BeautyNetKorea's new shipping policy + changed prices! Check it out!

This post will be about 2 sample products I bought during that haul. Their prices have gone up since I wrote that post, but I will update them here.

INNISFREE The Green Tea Seed Oil 10pcs [Sample](Weight : 21g) SAMPLE
  • Beautynetkorea: 1.55 1.63
INNISFREE The Green Tea Seed Serum 10pcs [Sample] (Weight : 17g) SAMPLE
  • Beautynetkorea: 1.09 1.14

Innisfree The Green Tea Seed Oil
For anyone (possibly) wondering, it is cheaper to buy the samples. Yes, I did the math. Plus, the oil is an oil, so your hands will be nicely greased after using it. So I prefer sample packets so you get the perfect amount, and it's more sanitary than touching a bottle (maybe lol)!

My thoughts on the product:

  • thick, but spreads nicely and easily
    • feels oily, yes, but it doesn't drip
  • very moisturizing
  • great if your skin is cracking + dry, especially during the winter!
  • doesn't break me out (I have oily skin)
  • most of it absorbs by the next morning
    • leaves my skin shiny, but I feel like the oil is meant to be used at night
    • doesn't feel tacky
    • skin feels moisturized instead of thick and heavy in the morning
  • works after 1 use, my skin felt so healthy the next day
  • smells "manly", but I think that's what the green tea line all smells like
    • it smells good to me! 
    • **fragrance can be strong, but it doesn't bother me and goes away after a while
  • sample size is the perfect amount for face + neck
Rating: 10/10 I don't have anything bad to say about it. Maybe the price ($24 for the full bottle), but these samples are super convenient. 

Honestly, the samples might give a bit "too" much product, but it was perfect for a pick-me-up, especially when my skin was cracking in winter. Also, if your skin gets bad during your travels, this would be great to just toss in the luggage! Lightweight and no need to worry about bottles breaking or spilling.

Innisfree The Green Tea Seed Serum
Innisfree actually made a gift pack with the full size of this serum. BeautyNetKorea is still selling it for $19.05, which is basically how much the serum costs by itself. The gift pack contains the serum, a travel-size foam cleanser, and sample size green tea seed cream. I love the cream and definitely want to buy the full size. This is a steal!!! But having these samples is great for travelling since the serum's bottle can be quite bulky.

My thoughts on the product: 
  • thin, runny
  • moisturizing, but can absorb quickly depending on how dry your skin is
    • if it's not moisturizing enough, you'll need multiple layers or more product
      • I had to do that during the winter
      • or use the cream! great combo
  • great for morning and night
  • perfect for summer weather
  • skin feels smooth afterwards
  • sample packet contains a lot of product
    • can spread to your face + neck
  • bottle contains a pump where 3 pumps is probably = 1 sample pack
    • the more you use, the more moisturizing
  • the fragrance smells kind of "manly"
    • I think it smells good!
    • it can be strong
Rating: 9/10 I had to use a cream during the winter or else this was not enough by itself. Since it is warming up now, 2 pumps is perfect for my combination skin! 

This product (after new packaging) costs around $16-$18. Since the product is runny and uses a pump, I felt like it will run out quite quickly. It has been 4 months since I've used it, and I still have 1/2 a bottle left! So it definitely will not run out quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment