Saturday, May 30, 2015

Nature Republic Aloe Vera Soothing Gel (Korean Skincare Review)

Aloe vera gel! It's everywhere nowadays.

EDIT: This aloe vera gel is no longer sold on iMomoko! I haven't been shopping on there for a while, but I have been checking and a lot of Korean street-brands have no longer been sold on the site. (Not sponsored) Here are some other links to buy this for a super cheap price!

Note: these prices may change. I am listing the prices as I add them to this post :)
$7.00 on YamiBuy.com (based in the USA)
$9.71 on cosmetic-love.com (based in Korea)
$10.18 on Jolse.com (based in Korea)
$10.27 on bbcosmetic.com (based in Korea) --also has the option to buy 2 or 3 for (slightly) cheaper prices.


But this product has been out for a long while now, and it's super popular all over Asia!


For those of you that follow Korean beauty trends, you may already know of this product! Or for fans of the Korean boy band EXO, you may know that they have a commercial for Nature Republic!



This product comes in 300ml or 10.56 fluid ounces. That's a ton of product! It has a hygienic lid to seal the product under the cap, but it's kind of flimsy and doesn't fit the container that well. I didn't even know there was one until I repurchased this because it was stuck under the lid!



As you can see, this is a gel-like consistency. It's clear, but the container makes it look green. It also has a very refreshing smell that is amazing!



Because it's a gel, a little bit of product is more than enough for my entire face! Usually three dabs is the perfect amount!

I purchased this on iMomoko.com, and it says that this is to "protect the skin that is easily damaged by the sun." It is supposed to soth and smooth your skin, making it very moisturized while stimulating the growth of your skin. It also is supposed to remove excess oil making your skin nicely toned and soft.

In addition to doing all of that, there are eight ways to use this! Eight!
  1. As a moisturizer or a face pack
  2. A base for your make up
  3. A cream after you shave
  4. Hair treatment
  5. To relax swollen eyes
  6. Nail essence
  7. Body care
  8. Mask pack for relieving sunburns
This information above came from iMomoko.com in the description box for this product. 

For me, I have used this in ways #1, 2, and 3.

1. Moisturizer: this product is great! It spreads very easily and feels like your spreading cool water on your skin that does not drip everywhere (well, it is a gel). It sets and dries on your skin very quickly. The product makes my skin feel slightly taut, though mostly on my T-zone where there's the most oil. After many uses, my skin is super soft and plump. It also brightens my skin!

Face pack: the product absorbs super quickly, so you will need a very, very thick layer of product for it to count as a face pack. After most of it absorbs, you will feel a very sticky layer on your skin. Try rubbing it around! or scraping it off with a spatula. You may see some not-so-white stuff (dirt! impurities! dead skin cells!). Then you just need to wash it off and get some more gel as a moisturizer!

2. Make-up Base: you really want to make sure the product completely sets. Do not apply too much or it will be sticky (or keep massaging all of it in!). It may also make your skin slightly shiny. I tried to put some moisturizer with SPF on top, but the gel wasn't completely set, making my skin shiny and feel very heavy. 

3. After shave gel: this is very cooling, so it will help a bit! But if you have sensitive skin, be cautious and test it first because there is some alcohol in this product (it's listed in the ingredients list!).

Overall:

Price: $6.99-$9.99 (the price varies and changes on iMomoko. Other stores have different ($11+) prices. Right now, there is a 2 for $12 deal on iMomoko!)
Appearance: it's very nice and simple; the cap is very easy to twist off and on. Wish there was a spatula though
Smell: a super refreshing smell! (you do get used to it and not notice it anymore though)
Repurchase?: yes! and I already have!

I would give this aloe vera gel a score of 5/5! The product is super simple and easy to use. It's not messy. The product sets quickly and makes my skin super bright and soft. You can see almost immediate results. There is also a lot of product, so it will last quite a while (about 5-6 months if you use it about 2-3 times a day).


I love this product though. I have already finished 1 of them, and already stocked up. So no sponsors; I bought them myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment