Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Elizavecca Milk Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask (Korean Skincare Review)

Here is a review of this Korean product by Elizavecca.



It is a carbonated clay mask that forms bubbles, as you can tell from it's name.



I have read that there are many frauds of this product; make sure the product you buy or look up that it does indeed have the brand name on it: Elizavecca. The two will look exactly the same except for the brand name.

I bought mine from iMomoko.com. I shall write a review of this site. 

The description in iMomoko says it is a "makeup remover and pore cleanser in one." It's supposed to "remove excess dirt and oil and refine pores."

As no one posted a review on iMomoko yet, I found one on Amazon, and someone said that it cleared their blackheads! So I immediately added it to my cart. There were also many other happy reviews.

I do not like blackheads. And they won't go away.


I simply slathered the product all over my face with the help of a little spatula it came with. I used quite a lot, but you could also use a lot less as it spreads very easily.



I have combination skin; very oily around the T-zone and normal/dry skin on the rest of my face. I felt some tingling around my cheeks and around my upper lip (the dry/normal areas). Although the product pretty much started bubbling while I was applying it, I didn't rush and just kept slathering it on.

First lesson: do this before you take a shower.


It has a gooey texture and spreads nicely on the face
Because the tingling kind of progressed into a slight stinging, I started to massage my face a bit early. The bubbles weren't big, but you could see the dark gray turning lighter. You can hear the bubbles pop when you massage it; it's like a very soft plastic bag sound, like you're crumpling it. It's not annoying; I found it quite fun to do. I also read that you should wet your fingers a bit more to make it easier to massage.

Finally, the washing.

This thing is impossible to wash off. It just sticks on your face. I'm not sure if that's how clay masks work, but I sure didn't like leaning over my sink and splashing water all over the floor. The product is slick and easy to massage while you wash it off.

On the second day, I did all of this over again before I went into the shower. This made washing much easier. I also only applied the product on my T-zone, where I was most acne prone. I did not leave the mask on for too long, but the bubbles expanded quite a bit!

Second lesson: give your nose, eyes, and mouth a good inch (or 2cm) distance

Then on the third day, I found online that someone actually left the product on for about 5-6 minutes, and the mask expanded so much! I did the same, and the product pretty much blocked my nose with gray foam, though nothing suffocating. My eyelashes were also getting some of it on them. Because it is so hard to wash this stuff off, it's also impossible to "wipe" it off like if it's near your eyes or mouth. But a little bit of water does the trick!

Overall:

This is a cool and fun product to use, especially before taking a nice shower. It does not make your face extremely dry like other cleansers. It simply makes your face nice and clean. Though I did not see much of a change with my blackheads, it made my face clean without stripping all of the oils

Price: it was listed as $12.50, but with my coupon, I only got it for $10
Appearance: it's a cute container! but annoying to twist open and close
Smell: it's a strange smell, but nothing super bad!
Repurchase?: no

I would give this clay mask a score of 3/5. It does what it's supposed to do: clean. It's just difficult to wash off. If you use this often, there really isn't that much product to use. 


I do NOT recommend it for people with sensitive or dry skin.

Here's my review for the jella pack, also by Elizavecca! Green Piggy Collagen Jella Pack

I bought this; no sponsors for me. This clay mask was fun. I finished it. I will reuse the container because it is nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment